Great winemaking starts in the vineyard and all of the grapes used for winemaking at MarshAnne Landing come from our estate vineyard. Warm days, cool nights, shallow soils, a well-managed vertical shoot positioned (VSP) canopy, and limited yields all contribute to the "out of this world" character of MarshAnne Landing wines. The remarkable climate and terrain found in the Umpqua Valley make this area especially well suited for producing world-class wines.
MarshAnne Vineyard currently has sixteen acres of grapes under cultivation. Most of the vineyard was planted on grafted rootstock in 1999. Drip irrigation was used to establish the vineyard. Irrigation is used now only when extended drought conditions threaten severe stress to the vineyard and minimally before harvest to assure that the vines do not shut down prior to harvest. Just like in our lives, too much stress in the vineyard can be a bad thing. Clean cultivation during the growing season has made the vineyard stronger and relatively drought tolerant.
Hand harvesting of grapes typically begins at daybreak in glorious sunshine the last week of September and continues for nearly a month. Following destemming, the grapes are fermented in open-top fermenters. Pre-fermentation maceration and daily punch down during fermentation contribute color, fruit, and richness to the wines before they are aged in small oak barrels prior to blending and bottling. Because the wines are bottled unfiltered and unfined and may form sediment, decanting is recommended.
MarshAnne Landing provides an elegant and comfortable setting for tasting wine. One of a kind art work from over 20 local artists surrounds the tasting room and fills the fireplace alcove with a serene sense of beauty. Large windows and doors leading to our deck provide inviting views of the vineyard and the valley beyond. The entire space has a “WOW” aspect that offers visitors a friendly country setting for tasting wine, finding a special gift, and making new friends.
Musical entertainment that is “out of this world” has found a home in our Gallery as well as on our deck. Winter months provide an opportunity to drink wine and consume scrumptious appetizers while listening to opera, chamber ensembles and jazz. Summer months on our deck provide an opportunity to watch the setting sun across the valley, drink in the evening air, and enjoy more “out of this world” music. Check our calendar for upcoming events.
MarshAnne Landing's tasting room is a space that serves many uses, so come for the wine and experience the many faces of MarshAnne Landing.
- Art Gallery: The work of over 20 local artists is for sale. Featured work includes bronzes, pastels, water colors, fiber art, glasswork, ceramics, jewelry, and quilts.
- Concert stage: Come enjoy a summer evening of fantastic jazz, opera, blues, and more! Winter months provide chamber music and opera in the intimate space of our tasting room. Summer events feature 2 jazz performances, Elvis, and 3 evenings of opera arias with the Eugene Opera.
- Special events: An intimate space for private parties, weddings, or business meetings
- Handicapped accessible
- Bus and RV parking
- Picnic Area
- Tasting room
- Reception facilities
- Wedding facilities
- Full kitchen
- Winery Hours:
- May - October, Wednesday - Sunday 11am - 5pm.
- March, April, November, December Weekends, 11am to 5pm
- Other times by appointment, please call ahead.
- Please call us at 541-459-8497 or 541-459-7998.